2500 Barnet Hwy, Port Moody, BC V3H 1W3, Canada

My daughter rented a trailer on line through Uhaul to move house (I was the designated driver on the booking). She waited until a couple of days before the move and then rang to find out the pick-up location and was told Mission BC.

The day before the move she thought it wise to call Mission Uhaul branch to make sure they had the booking. She was told they knew nothing about it. She called the Transport Manager who told her the trailer had to be collected from Langley, BC and that they had phoned to tell her the change. She received no phone call.

That day I went to Langley to collect the trailer, they knew nothing about it (you can see a pattern developing here cant you). Another phone call to Traffic and they stated they had phoned my daughter to tell her the pick-up location had been changed to Surrey, BC, guess what... no phone call. I eventually got to surrey and collected AND PAID for the trailer.

Interestingly there was another couple in the office picking up a trailer and they were told their pickup location had been changed to downtown Vancouver and surprise surprise, they had received no phonecall. The move went uneventfully and the trailer was delivered back to Uhaul.

Now we find that not only was I charged at the time of pickup, my daughter was charged against her credit card for the same rental. I will not be using Uhaul again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Uhaul Trailer Rental.

Preferred solution: reverse the charge on Leanne Snow's credit card as I paid for it at pick-up.

Comments

bruce2017_873

u do not get charged for the trailer if u r bringing back 2 the same location as u picked it up at they only put a hold on the card for the rental amount when u return the equipment they charge u accordingly