Turnaround Time

I would like to address my first and probably last service experience with Uhaul this Sunday.

I had an order placed for a 26' moving van.

According to what I have agreed on with the customer service on the phone, and to what I have received via Email,I was supposed to pick up my order at 10:00 AM at the north Vancouver location.

I have arrived there at 9:45 AM, and at 9:50 AM was seated in front the customer service representative.

She started to input my information to the computer, and suddenly I heard her saying to me : "well, you are late, your order has been canceled"

I was in shock, and asked her to look at the time and to explain me how exactly was I late. She replied to me that from what she sees on her system I had to pick up the truck at 9:00 AM. Since I failed to do so the system ejected my order. She showed me the computer screen and it did showed the pick up time as 9:00

I tried to show her the conformation email on my phone, saying that I have to pick it up at 10:00. She replied (and very rudely I have to say) that she doesn't care what it says on my phone, and refused even to look at the email.

She then started to make some phone calls. After a while she was able to find a truck in Port Moody. Since i already ordered and paid to the movers (also through the Uhaul website) i had no choice but to drive there and to pick up the truck.

As of this I have lost time that i have paid for with my movers, and had to pay much more for mileage and for refueling the truck .If i would have known in the beginning that i would have to go to Port Moody for the truck, i would be looking for other solutions.

Not to speak of the stress that i have initially experienced when hearing that my order was cancelled.

I have sent Uhaul an email, and that's the response that i got from them :

"janet_goyette@uhaul.com

Good Morning

In regards to you concern. The procedure with making a reservation and a time is set to pick up the vehicle is very specfic and if not here withing 30 minutes of that time the computer moves out your reservation and allows another family to book in that space. It is the same as if you are going to the doctor and miss your apt time they book another family in that spot. I appoligise that should have been explained to you at time of reservation.I am assuming that the email you wished to show the clerk was when you MADE the reservation. The second email you would have recived or a phone message would state the times that are available on the day of booking. I do appoligise for the confusion and miss understanding that happened. I will speak to the clerk in regards to he behaviour. Thank you for bringing that to my attention"

It looks like they didn't troubled themselves to read my email and just sent me some laconic reply. I responded to that email, asking to be reimbursed for the extra gas and mileage i had to drive. No response from Uhaul as of now.

Worst experience ever, will never use them again.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of irresponsible service. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of uhaul truck rental and associated monetary loss in the amount of $100. Uhaul needs to issue a partial refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned uhaul truck rental in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Uhaul.

Had an Experience with Uhaul?

Comments

They are correct.When you miss your reservation it gets canceled.

Simple as that.Call the day before and check everything to avoid this problem.