Rapid City, South Dakota
Insurance Quality
Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

Update by user Dec 10, 2015

Don't know why this picked my old base in SD but this is for Boise ID and Mountain Home AFB.

Original review posted by user Dec 10, 2015

The owners of the house I am leasing have decided to sell the property and have given us 30 days. What a wonderful Christmas present.!

My wife searched and found a new place nearby. I work at an Military installation and with all the military personnel moving in and out there are three U-Haul places to rent. I wanted a 30+ foot truck but they said I have to travel 25 miles one way to get that size truck. I live down the street from two of the local rental businesses and they have two trucks that would fit my needs but I was told that they could only be rented for out-of-town moves.

I asked why they could not be rented for in town moves and the rep. replied only trucks in the larger towns could be rented for in town moves. Small town U-Haul rentals can only rent 15 foot trucks or trailers for local moves. I asked if I could have the local per mile charge vs.

the much higher out-of-town rate and she told me that's how they make money!

Funny how they make you travel 50 miles farther to get a truck and pay a higher per mile rate when I see the truck I need from my front door, which has not moved in over 6 weeks. What a bunch of B.S.

Product or Service Mentioned: Uhaul Truck Rental.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments

I am a U-Haul dealer in California call me if they have the truck I can put it on their schedule 916-745-6259

Remember, they cannot cancel your lease just because of a sale. If you are month to month, you are out of luck, but a yearly lease would survive any sale.