Los Angeles, California
1.9
Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

Rented a 15' for 24 hours on the basis of the 6'4' height capacity paid $90 for rental + $20 gas .

Everything I hoped for was impossible or inconvenient for the crew to produce. Made reservation for 4:30 Pm. I arrived at 5:00Pm with the thinking the vehicle would be prepped by now. I had also called the location in between to confirm the reservation. Truck was not ready, but the "beater" was strategically at the head of the pile and ready for the next sucker. Luckily the battery was dead and I was able to demand a different truck. But even there, the guy Edwardo, insisted I take a truck someone was just working on. I don't believe U HAUL should be doing any of their own fleet service on modern vehicles. From there, I was required to "check the vehicle and make sure all the damage has an X" the vehicle had been through *** and was covered in X's. Mind you, I was on a schedule. Very annoying to go through all the damage for a faulty verifying process – it is still easy to scam customer. Also, the checkout was rigged in Uhauls favor: rounding down the out miles and giving me an amount of gas in the vehicle less than on the agreement. I agree with having a full tank trunk from start of rent, that seems like a good idea. Once on my own things got better. But the truck now...entire fleet seemed to have near 100K miles on them; mine had 94k. The Chevy I had defaulted w/ Tow mode on. The pirate ramp in the back was not a real ramp and had a ridiculous geometry making hard starts and fast landings. Also the walls of the ramp weren’t the standard preventing loading tricks and easy handling. Then my final truck complaint. A rubber block has been bolted to the middle top of all the uhaul's and prevents successful loading of material at the 6' 4" height. It seems there to protect the door in some way when open. I had to modify my load. But the entire point was a quick rolling load up the ramp. Not war with *** rubber block at the top.

Lastly, I brought back the truck like I myself would want it back: Earlier than expected, with more gas than let it out with and a clean interior. All the attendant said in response to my care was "did you use the dolly?" Which it was noted on the account I was going to... No respect. No professionalism. No idea of what they are doing. I treated their equipment like it was my own and they treated me like a loser. The last time I used Enterprise they did all the above correctly, so I am going back there from now on. Good bye Uhaul.

Product or Service Mentioned: Uhaul Truck Rental.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Uhaul Cons: How long it took to get the initial rental, Cleanliness of truck, Inoperable vehicle, Cleanliness, Overcharged.

• Dead Battery