Landisburg, Pennsylvania
Insurance Quality

My husband and I made reservations to move my Mother's furniture from her house after her death to our home 3 hours away in PA from DE. My husband made the reservations in his name, provided his driver's license and his credit card. I was waiting outside for approximately 25 minutes and went in to see what was the status of the situation as we had people waiting on use to move the furniture. They had apparently input some incorrect information and my husband had to correct the mistakes. Then after the supposedly procedure was completed the representative said "Oh you have an out of state driver's license, therefore, we need another credit card to have on file just as procedure. I was hesitate and explained that this was my debit/credit card and only received a monthly check on the 3rd of each month with automatic withdrawals. She guaranteed me that it was only for procedural purposes and by no means would it be the one where the funds were withdrawn.

Well, it was the one were the funds were withdrawn. After returning the UHaul to the PA rental place, we were told that all funds were paid in full and everything was in order. I go on my banking website today and it is in a negative status. I was in the state of shock. After reviewing it, realizing that UHaul had done exactly what I was guaranteed would not happen, DID and I was charged and additional $70.00 ($35.00/ea) for 2 overdrafts and will be charged $5.00 a day until it is restored to a positive balance...I proceeded to contact them. The office where we rented it basically said "Too Bad, talk to your husband" hung up on 4 times. Called and spoke to a total of 4 different offices to no avail and basically said "oh well, deal with it"...

I am beyond livid and would appreciate any type of input as to how to resolved this matter. I have called my bank to dispute the charge but this also could take up to ten days.

Dealing with the death of My Mom and all the issues concerning this stressful, heart wrenching situation it truly is the last straw. PLEASE DON'T EVER TRUST ANYONE with your debit/credit card information. They truly don't care if they screw with your money!!!! Linda Carlin

Product or Service Mentioned: Uhaul Truck Rental.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

Mrs. Carlin, my name is Maria Palmisano and I am with U-Haul International.

I am sorry to hear of the inconvenience you experienced with your U-Haul transaction. We would need additional information in order to research your concerns further and offer an appropriate response. If you are still in need of assistance, please go to [ http://www.uhaul.com/customer/caf/ ]http://www.uhaul.com/customer/caf/ and fill out a Customer Action Form to obtain assistance without delay. If you need to reach me, I can be contacted at maria_palmisano@uhaul.com.

Please be assured we always appreciate customer feedback as it allows us to realize what programs are working and what areas need attention.

Typical UHAUL business practices!!