Harwood Heights, Illinois
2.5
Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

I rented a truck from uhaul. $29.95/day.

I picked up 2pm. Starting mileage was 82366.9 I used a total of 7 miles roundtrip. When I returned the truck the lady took my key and my paperwork. I stood there and she said "we will email you your receipt" I asked her about my change from the deposit and was told I would receive it after the truck was inspected and that it was ok for me to leave.

2 hours later I recieved an email stating that I drove 37.4 miles. Beginning 82336.9 Ending 82374.2

I called to report the discrepency. I explained that my paperwork and the odometer read 82366.9 for beginning mileage. The lady claimed that she could not find my statement that she took from me so she could only go by what she had documented.

She became angry as well as I did.

Saying things like "I was supposed to be gone 35 minutes ago" "Im digging through *** looking for YOUR receipt"

No one at Uhaul locally or corporate was willing to help me because I didn't take a picture. I'm beginning to think if I took a picture it'd be challenged as well..

Product or Service Mentioned: Uhaul Truck Rental.

Comments

its always recommended to take a picture of the beginning and ending mileage. That would avoid situations like this.