El Monte, California
1.3

Rented a Uhaul on March 28th 2015 and it has been a nightmare since then. Agent though she was somewhat pleasant she was dressed in very short short black shorts and a 3/4 sleeve top that had one sleeve closed up with safety pins.

Agent said her office was open in Sunday but failed to let me know they close at NOON needless to say we left the truck parked outside with plans to bring the keys on Monday morning. The Agent called me Monday morning saying the company was going to charge me for another day because i left the truck but not the keys(they do not have a key drop slot) when I returned the key they did only charge me for 1 day of use now here is my issue. I returned the key on Monday at 1:45pm BUT Uhaul who swiped my debit card when I rented the truck didn't release the $111 hold they placed onto my debit until Tues. At 3:30 causing 3 of my bills to get charged $32 each for insufficient funds.

The money for my bills was in my bank but due to the hold placed by Uhaul i accrued $96 in "overdraft courtesy fees" as a single mom that is a LOT of money to be out. I was contacted by email on April 2nd by Shawn Johnson who said he was the field manager for my area and asked me to email him my bank statements which I did on April 7th and after sending him another follow email inquiring about my email to him I have yet to receive any type of response from Shawn. I feel bank statements are something I like to keep private but to try and resolve the situation I emailed them to Shawn.

I am very upset at the way Uhaul has handled this situation and feel that Shawn is very in unprofessional in not responding to any of my emails. I have always used Uhaul in the past but will not use or refer them to any of my friends or family in the future.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

u12797

Ms. Bouman, my name is Maria Palmisano and I am with U-Haul International.

I am sorry to hear you had a concern with your recent U-Haul transaction. Shawn Johnson, our Field Manager for our Oceanside Regional Office, documented in our Customer Action Form we have set up for you in our Customer Service Department that he processed a check request for $96 to be issued to you. You should receive the check within the next 10 business days. Please be advised your concerns have been addressed with all involved to help prevent the situation from happening again.

If you need to reach me, I can be contacted at [ mailto:maria_palmisano@uhaul.com.

]maria_palmisano@uhaul.com.

jessenrudy
@u12797

Hi Maria, thank you for your quick response. Yes, I'm sorry Shawn contacted me yesterday regarding this situation and I am very happy that the situation is being handled in the matter in which it was.

When I receive the reimbursement I will be happy to remove this review and mark it as settled. As a single mom I appreciate the company being so understanding as this negatively affected me financially this month.

Carol

u12797
@jessenrudy

Excellent, thank you for the update Carol! I hope you will allow U-Haul to redeem itself in the future. We value our repeat customers and look forward to serving you again.

Sincerely,

Maria Palmisano

U-Haul International

jessenrudy
@u12797

Thank you Maria I will definitely think about using Uhaul again as I've never had this many issues with them in past use with the company. I have yet to receive the reimbursement check so I will leave the post up and leave it as unresolved until I receive it. Again thank you

Gets held up on the banks end ... Release holds I mean..