Westcliffe, Colorado
2.5

Rented a car hauler for a 1,200 mile round trip. Called three business days before to specifically request that my trailer be gone through as I was driving 1,200 miles r/t in two days.

Staff hooked up the trailer and I was on my way. 50 miles down the road the local office called me and said that "they weren't sure if they had secured the trailer to my hitch" - they were right! - the trailer was ready to unhook and come loose. Noticed air leaking out of one tire and checked the other tires 150 miles from start - two tires were legally bald and the leaking third had a sidewall nail in it (I did notice the low air tire before I left and the U-Haul guy stated that these tires were normally low looking - it was supposed to have 50PSI but had only 8PSI two hours after I left the pick up location).

I drove 1,200 miles on two bald tires and the third I had to stop every two hours for air. The location did not even offer to reimburse me for the $22 in air that I spent or a $12 patch kit that I bought at 3AM to patch the nail in the third tire. My letter to U-Haul's President John Taylor also has gone ignored and not answered.

Rent from U-Haul at your own peril - you take your life in your hands with their equipment! I will not do it again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Uhaul Trailer Rental.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Uhaul Cons: Customer service equipment safety.

Comments