Nashville, Tennessee
Insurance Quality
Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

Update by user Apr 05, 2015

UPDATE: On Monday March 23, 2015 around 6 PM CST I got a voicemail from some guy named Jim, the area field manager with Uhaul. He claimed that he was calling in regards to my review, and that if I wanted to talk about it, I should call him back.

Curious as to what he had to say about the poor customer service I received, I called him back, TWICE. As of April 5, 2015, still no response.

Not trying to be a cynic, but feigned apologies are even worse than no apologies at all. My advice to Uhaul: Don't waste people's time calling to apologize, if you really don't plan on following through.

Original review posted by user Mar 20, 2015

I am the CEO of a small corporation, and I serve on the board of other, large corporations. After multiple bad experiences with Uhaul in Nashville, TN, I have come to the conclusion that customer service really needs to get their act together.

This is my second time using Uhaul in the past 2 months, and it is becoming just as horrendous as the first. The first time I used Uhaul was at the end of January. A manager named “Misty” in Nashville , TN interrupted me and hung up on me when I called the customer service line to resolve an issue that I was experiencing with obtaining a storage unit. In my opinion, I found her demeanor towards me to be quite rude; especially since she would not let me speak. My experience with Misty was followed up with another bad experience with the after hours drop of team. During this phone call, I found out that no one at Uhaul had scheduled a location for me to drop off my truck. As a result, I had been left wandering the streets of Nashville for hours, trying to determine where I was supposed to drop of my truck. Finally, my experience with the after hours team was followed up with a negative experience, when I called customer service again. The female that I spoke with told me that if I kept quiet, she would give me a discount on my truck rental. Her demeanor on the phone was suggestive that sole my purpose for calling was only to obtain a discount. I found this insulting, as I had never asked for or requested a discount, and I informed her so. As I was doing this, she hung the phone up on me.

I attempted to give Uhaul the benefit of the doubt that my initial bad experiences were isolated incidents. I rented a truck on 3-19-2015 from the Uhaul on Wedgewood in Nashville, TN confirmation number: 29767238 . Upon picking it up, my husband noticed that it was slightly smaller than the truck that we rented last time. He measured the truck, and found it to be a 15 foot truck, not the 17 foot truck that I had requested.

In addition, the auto transport that we picked up from the location on Lakeview Drive in Franklin, TN was installed improperly (FYI we had to go all the way to Franklin, because for some reason, Uhaul only had 1 auto transport in all of Middle Tennessee). Whoever installed the front metal mount was either drunk or retarded because they installed the front mount incorrectly. My husband is currently on his hands and knees in 40 degree weather attempting to re-install. I did not feel that he should have to fix Uhaul’s mess for them so I called Uhaul’s supposedly 24/7 service for immediate assistance. I got a female named “Rebecca” who told me that they could not send me roadside assistance, and that they would not send me a new auto transport. I told Rebecca that I wanted to speak with her manager, and she transferred me to a man named “Eric” who claimed to be a manager. Per his request, I took the time to email Eric photos of the improperly installed auto transport at Uhauls’ email: roadside_managers@uhaul.com. Eric then put me on hold for 7+ minutes. After he returned, Eric, informed me that he was not going to send Roadside Assistance to my location, because it would not be worth Uhaul’s time! I am now stuck in Nashville, TN, and my move has been delayed, all as a result of Uhaul’s incompetence.

I am disappointed that, once again, another aspect of my trip has been screwed up by Uhaul. This second experience goes to show that Uhaul’s incompetence is not a fluke and that poor customer service is rampant throughout their organization.

I most definitely will not be using Uhaul again, and have requested a refund. I also do not recommend that anyone use Uhaul in the future. I will be contacting my credit card company to request that they do not honor the $1,000+ that I spent on this Uhaul rental, as I did not receive the service that was promised. Ironically, I am also a Relocation Authorizer for several corporations. So, in addition to contacting my credit card company, I will also propose to my board members that we no longer subsidize Uhaul rentals as part of our relocation packages.

Product or Service Mentioned: Uhaul Trailer Rental.

Uhaul Cons: Customer service.

• Trailer Rental

Comments

Uhaul is NOT responsible for trailer hook up was a dlr 20 yrs.

Similar experience. Called the area manager to resolve but he didn't.

Banned for life from Uhaul, some kind of e-alert. I will do my best to let as many people know about Uhaul as I can