The standard procedure here is to turn the vehicle over to the customer with a less than full tank of gasoline.When I asked why they didn't fill the tank and expect it full when returned the way all rental car companies do.
I was told by the lady at the counter that people syphon gas out of the trucks. "Why should we have to pay for that gas?" Somebody has to pay for it eventually and if the company doesn't, who does?
There is only one explanation for sending out a vehicle with 7/8 tank of gasoline.
Since nobody can tell exactly how much fuel to put in at the pump, they are bound to put in more because of the unknown price they'll pay if they come up short.This an utterly ridiculous policy and makes absolutely no sense to the customer.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Uhaul Rental
- Review category
- Transportation and Storage
You May Also Like
- "Hello! I was wanting to thank all the helpful reviews here on this site! I was saved precious money that could be used for Christmas items!It started with me looking..."
- "I had yet another bad experience with U-Haul. This is my second move with them in six years and both were horrible experiences. Regarding my contract number 22894473, I picked up..."
- "Absolute nightmare. Due to a roof leak, nearly all of my belongings have been destroyed by black mold and mildew. Even if I had chosen the elective insurance..."
- "I was eating string beans from a can of Foodhold Whole Green Beans and found a five inch long stem on the end of my fork. This wasn't the first..."
- "Ryan Homes a problem you don't want because I paid for poor poor workmanship and will still be paying for that poor workmanship to be repaired by professionals. The..."
- "I purchased a Tempurpedic Cloud 11 months ago. Original out-gassing was significant but we survived. Over the past couple of months I have woken several times to severe..."