The standard procedure here is to turn the vehicle over to the customer with a less than full tank of gasoline.When I asked why they didn't fill the tank and expect it full when returned the way all rental car companies do.

Related: Uhaul - Review about Car Transportation from Denver, Colorado

I was told by the lady at the counter that people syphon gas out of the trucks. "Why should we have to pay for that gas?" Somebody has to pay for it eventually and if the company doesn't, who does?

There is only one explanation for sending out a vehicle with 7/8 tank of gasoline.

Since nobody can tell exactly how much fuel to put in at the pump, they are bound to put in more because of the unknown price they'll pay if they come up short.This an utterly ridiculous policy and makes absolutely no sense to the customer.

Review about: Uhaul Rental.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Uhaul Car Rental
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $10
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Uhaul?

Comments

vic
Phoenix, Arizona, United States #768994

The amount of gas you should return it with is clearly written on your contract.

South Bend, Indiana, United States #740394

U-haul has a gauge right on your contract that tells you EXACTLY how many gallons to put back in to make it right. That way you don't accidentally over fill.

LTCC

I say return it with 7/8 gas (like you got it)....and add a 1/8 of pizz...to fill it up. Hey they want a full tank...givem one