2.1
Insurance Quality
Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

On 6/12/2019 my husband and I rented a Uhaul moving truck. We used the app to do it.

Afterward, we went back into the app and changed the drop off location. This would have saved us close to 50 miles (50.00). I even called the place we were picking the rental up from and CONFIRMED that it was okay to drop the truck off at the new drop off. The lady told me that the truck was due to go back out in the morning from their location but stated I did not need to be concerned that Uhaul would handle it.

She said they usually just have the morning customer go to a new location close by to pick up a truck of same or similar size. Her last words were do not worry about it. It would be OK to return the truck where we wanted to. After we got done with the truck, I go back into the app to follow the return instructions only to find that the drop off had been CHANGED!!

It was changed back to the original drop off!! I called Uhaul because at this point it was after hours. I was threatened with a LARGE fee should I return the truck to my desired location. They kept saying it was an in town rental.

... How the heck am I supposed to know that? I repeatedly explained that I had double checked the drop off with the people I got the truck from. They did not care.

Nothing mattered. We had to go ahead and put more miles and more gas into the truck to return it to where we got it from. They also did not supply us with the dolly I had reserved. They charged us the 10.00 for it but did not supply it.

We ended up returning the truck to the original location. I just called the original location and told my story. Happens that I ended up getting the same lady who verified that it would be no problem to change the drop off location. She attempted to call someone and explain to them that if anything this was her fault.

I HEARD her say it. In the end once again Uhaul refused to do ANYTHING to make this situation better. Whoever she had called said I got the best deal I could have anyway. Why does he say that?

He is figuring in the huge fee I would have had to pay if I had dropped it off at the place I verified BEFORE ever picking up the truck. This is completely unfair. I feel as if I should get at least a partial refund for all my trouble and THEIR mistake. At the same time, I really like this lady and I do not want to get her into trouble with the company.

I will not ever rent from this company again.

It is a shame because I have used the company for years. Their customer service used to be a lot better than it currently is.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments