Berkeley, California
Insurance Quality

I lost nearly everything to uhaul suffering not one but two thefts. I HATE these guys! Do NOT trust uhaul! "Just awful people" - lawyer

My storage space was robbed simply by someone climbing over the shared wall of my locker. The walls do not meet the ceiling allowing for this type of theft. And without " forced entry" insurance will not cover the loss. I was not insured but it would not have mattered, they would not pay. Also unlike other storage facilities they insure for up to $5000 but only pay half, $2500. What's that?!

I was assured I would be ok after this first theft but before I could remove my pocessions I was robbed again losing nearly everything to uhaul. It appears it may have been an inside job. Both my locks where gone replaced by an oversized required cylinder uhaul lock. Uhaul is claiming I made a false report. Nonsense my belongings including nearly all of my clothes, including winter clothes, all of my stereo equipement etc., art books and music as well my art work and photos, all gone! I'm pissed!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Uhaul Self-storage Storage Unit.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Uhaul Cons: Fraudulent deceptive business practices.

Comments

I'm going threw the same thing. I'm looking for customers that theft happened

UHaul sucks. Never ever use them.