Featured Not resolved
1.3
Insurance Quality
Turnaround Time

We rented a car dolly to pull my 2009 Malibu from Kansas back to West Virginia. We paid the extra $40 for the insurance the clerk said was for “bumper to bumper coverage”.

There were two brackets on the dolly mounted wrong so when we pulled my car up on the dolly those brackets cut grooves into the ground effects of my bumper. It was late in the day, the location we picked the dolly up from was now closed and we had a long drive ahead of us. We planned to contact the insurance we just purchased once we got home the next day. When we got home and attempted to unload the car, those brackets pulled the entire front bumper and ground effects off the drivers side and most of it off the passenger side of the vehicle.

It also pulled the drivers side inner fender pieces off. We filed a claim with RepWest insurance only to find out UHAUL owns the insurance company and due to the fine print, the damage was not covered based on “loading and unloading the vehicle” is not covered! The cost to repair my car was roughly $2000 caused by brackets that were mounted incorrect by someone at UHAUL!!!

The insurance is a money making scam for UHAUL!!! We have submitted all the info to an attorney so hopefully a class action lawsuit will be filed against them!!!

I didn't like: Uhaul does not own up to their mistakes, I was told by 2 uhaul people the damages would be covered, Faulty equipment shouldnt be my fault.

Comments