On this very website, UHaul asks us to contact their customer service department prior to submitting a review on this site.Well, we have been trying to contact someone at customer service for four hours now, and get nothing but a "my hands are tied" and apparently we will get a call back at some point.
So the story.. we rented a Uhaul from a store in Hillsboro, OR to drive to Knoxville, TN. Long trip. Immediately, we find that the truck has not had the tires balanced and is pulling hard to the right.
The 20' truck was completely packed and we were on a schedule so we left anyways. In Colorado, the truck starts screaming for an oil change. (My husband just spoke to the manager at the location where we picked up the vehicle, and found that it was way overdue for a change.). Finally, we got to Tennessee, an hour from our destination.
Something in the front end of the vehicle went way wrong and the truck started shaking violently. Thankfully, my husband was driving and is an experienced driver. He pulled over immediately and we called roadside assistance. The woman at the service department told us that it would be at least 2 hours before anyone could get to us.
As we sit on a small shoulder of a busy highway, she told us to continue driving if we could. We got the truck to our new home, took one look at the front tires. Even I, very inexperienced with vehicle maintenance, knew immediately that the tires were dryrotted and pulling apart. Again, thankfully my husband was driving and no-one was hurt, but we were pulling a trailer with a car behind the truck which could have jack-knifed and hurt or killed us or other drivers on that highway.
We are currently attempting negotiation with the facility that rented us a vehicle that was unfit to drive, and have yet to hear back from customer service.
The people whom we have dealt with thus far have been rude, have interrupted and denied fault. We will never, ever use uhaul again. The manager at the OR location has agreed to pay back 1/3 of what we paid and upon us saying we wanted at least 1/2, a lawyer was threatened to be called. Not sure how well their argument could hold up in court, as apparently he would blame us for running over a curb and causing the tires to dry rot...
That's all I can say for now.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Truck Rental
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Movinghelp.com was recommended to my neighbor who had rented a U-haul truck by the U-Haul folks. The mover had his own pickup truck there & his girlfriend driving it...."
- "So had to take a last minute trip to Philadelphia. Arrived at 12:15 this morning and couldn't get any discount rate prior to arriving. Had to book a car for..."
- "A Uhaul employee in Blue Ridge, Ga. damaged our truck when hooking up the tow hitch to our truck. The employee wasn't following company protacall when he damaged our truck..."
- "I called Casting 360 and the lady, who probably sits in the Phillipines, (as my wife is from there and I am very savvy of the accent) was very eager..."
- "Very nice cars helpful until your vehicle is purchased then they don't want nothing to do with You. Was verbally promised a key faub never got it. 90 warranty useless..."
- "I have been dealing with this stalker for over 2 years now! And, of course instead of competing with honor these so called, "customer" reviews are garbage! These are fabricated..."
- "I have had a terrible experience with light in the box! I paid (Oct. 12) for item with express expedited shipping (3-4 business days) (1-3 days for processing). I have..."
- "So I've had State Farm for 32 years. My daughter turned 16 about a year ago and we put her on our insurance. Her insurance rate was nearly 5x..."
- "dear rexall my cheif complaint is that i have been taking the sleep aide for about 2yrs n up til now the product was helping .but for the last week..."