On this very website, UHaul asks us to contact their customer service department prior to submitting a review on this site.Well, we have been trying to contact someone at customer service for four hours now, and get nothing but a "my hands are tied" and apparently we will get a call back at some point.
So the story.. we rented a Uhaul from a store in Hillsboro, OR to drive to Knoxville, TN. Long trip. Immediately, we find that the truck has not had the tires balanced and is pulling hard to the right.
The 20' truck was completely packed and we were on a schedule so we left anyways. In Colorado, the truck starts screaming for an oil change. (My husband just spoke to the manager at the location where we picked up the vehicle, and found that it was way overdue for a change.). Finally, we got to Tennessee, an hour from our destination.
Something in the front end of the vehicle went way wrong and the truck started shaking violently. Thankfully, my husband was driving and is an experienced driver. He pulled over immediately and we called roadside assistance. The woman at the service department told us that it would be at least 2 hours before anyone could get to us.
As we sit on a small shoulder of a busy highway, she told us to continue driving if we could. We got the truck to our new home, took one look at the front tires. Even I, very inexperienced with vehicle maintenance, knew immediately that the tires were dryrotted and pulling apart. Again, thankfully my husband was driving and no-one was hurt, but we were pulling a trailer with a car behind the truck which could have jack-knifed and hurt or killed us or other drivers on that highway.
We are currently attempting negotiation with the facility that rented us a vehicle that was unfit to drive, and have yet to hear back from customer service.
The people whom we have dealt with thus far have been rude, have interrupted and denied fault. We will never, ever use uhaul again. The manager at the OR location has agreed to pay back 1/3 of what we paid and upon us saying we wanted at least 1/2, a lawyer was threatened to be called. Not sure how well their argument could hold up in court, as apparently he would blame us for running over a curb and causing the tires to dry rot...
That's all I can say for now.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Truck Rental
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I ordered help from the company "First Class Movers" through MovingHelp. I called a few times ahead just to make sure they understand my need to disassemble and reassemble my..."
- "BEWARE OF PENSKE, ESPECIALLY FOR ONE-WAY RENTALS! THIS IS SO UNHEARD OF - I WILL TAKE THIS TO THE MEDIA, THE COURTROOM, AND MAKE AS MANY PEOPLE WORLDWIDE AWARE OF..."
- "I bought a new Ford and opted for some after market work to be done by the dealership. They offered to rent me a car at an in house..."
- "Visitors to PSFIFACoins get not only FIFA 15 Coins for all the consoles and Xbox One and other devices but get them at cheap price too. One of the specialities..."
- "I ordered the free trial and never would believe it made my hair worse!! My hair is falling out!!!! Scream! I pleaded with them for help!! My doctor said it..."
- "I Googled i need to change my address at the post office so then i clicked on official usps change of address form, i read through everything to make sure..."
- "Back in November, I decided to start the 21 Day Fix program with Beachbody after chatting with one of my friends who is currently a coach. There was a Thanksgiving..."
- "These guys PGR = Prefered Guest Resorts are a boiler shop in Florida that sold us "special" 4 night stay in Costa Rica at a 4 star Resort called Villas..."
- "This CA company, If Only, Inc., hired us to do a furniture assessment on a large sofa that they had shipped to a couple in Clackamas, OR. The arm..."