On this very website, UHaul asks us to contact their customer service department prior to submitting a review on this site.Well, we have been trying to contact someone at customer service for four hours now, and get nothing but a "my hands are tied" and apparently we will get a call back at some point.
So the story.. we rented a Uhaul from a store in Hillsboro, OR to drive to Knoxville, TN. Long trip. Immediately, we find that the truck has not had the tires balanced and is pulling hard to the right.
The 20' truck was completely packed and we were on a schedule so we left anyways. In Colorado, the truck starts screaming for an oil change. (My husband just spoke to the manager at the location where we picked up the vehicle, and found that it was way overdue for a change.). Finally, we got to Tennessee, an hour from our destination.
Something in the front end of the vehicle went way wrong and the truck started shaking violently. Thankfully, my husband was driving and is an experienced driver. He pulled over immediately and we called roadside assistance. The woman at the service department told us that it would be at least 2 hours before anyone could get to us.
As we sit on a small shoulder of a busy highway, she told us to continue driving if we could. We got the truck to our new home, took one look at the front tires. Even I, very inexperienced with vehicle maintenance, knew immediately that the tires were dryrotted and pulling apart. Again, thankfully my husband was driving and no-one was hurt, but we were pulling a trailer with a car behind the truck which could have jack-knifed and hurt or killed us or other drivers on that highway.
We are currently attempting negotiation with the facility that rented us a vehicle that was unfit to drive, and have yet to hear back from customer service.
The people whom we have dealt with thus far have been rude, have interrupted and denied fault. We will never, ever use uhaul again. The manager at the OR location has agreed to pay back 1/3 of what we paid and upon us saying we wanted at least 1/2, a lawyer was threatened to be called. Not sure how well their argument could hold up in court, as apparently he would blame us for running over a curb and causing the tires to dry rot...
That's all I can say for now.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Truck Rental
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "a u haul truck exploded or caught fire and exploded something in engine and caused the wind to bust out of my car. police were called ebcuase I went..."
- "On 5/16/2014 we rented a minivan with Enterprise at the Honolulu airport (3255 AOLELE ST) location for our wedding weekend. Upon initial inspection and walk around of the Chrysler minivan,..."
- "I bought a new Ford and opted for some after market work to be done by the dealership. They offered to rent me a car at an in house..."
- "this agency preys on seniors with alzheimer's but aren't picky and will devour anything they can,they are dishonest and have the best lawyers,side by side with the senior protective services..."
- "I'm sick of Netflix deciding how long to stream their TV shows before interrupting them. If they are going to do this they should provide a wireless to each of..."
- "Bought this brand new off the lot... we have had the Frig door fall off 3 times.. we had the threshold toilet valve rupture and flood my trailer. We have..."
- "Nationwide took our money for appraisal services and then did the worst job around. The description of our property was not correct. The property is located in Queens NY, 90%..."
- "PRISTINE, Megan Stotts was fully oriented on required painting 7 rooms w/connecting hallways, Stotts agreed to do the entire job for $3500, with a starting date of 12 November,2016. A..."
- "Maybe I can type better this time. Valen, purchased in September of 2010, sent to the rainbow bridge, December 08,2016. Dying from liver failure due to his intestines leaking into..."