Chesapeake, Virginia

NEVER AGAIN POOR SERVICE !!! Trying to cut down on mileage and against my best judgment I rented from this dump but NEVER again !!!

First off the guy who appears to run the place name Chuck could use some training in customer service. He was extremely rude. When making my reservation (and I have rented from other Uhaul locations often) he automatically charged me for the additional insurance. When I asked him why he was trying to make the optional insurance mandatory when other locations don't he said because other locations were hourly and he worked off of commission.

When picking up the truck it WAS NOT sitting out in front (as other locations would have it) waiting to be inspected and driven off the lot, it was way down the other end of the lot in a cramped parking space where I could barely squeeze into the drivers seat. I noticed upon inspection that the seal on the moving pads was broken and there were no pads inside. I inquired and was told they don't make moving pads available for customer use.

Although I had the truck for 48hrs, I was still charged for 3 days and 15 additional miles (I moved from one apartment to another on the same complex) and the lot is less than a mile from my house. I was better off driving the extra miles to the J.Clyde Uhaul location...I hope you enjoy your commission Chuck because that was my first and last time doing business with you!!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Uhaul Moving Service.

Comments

u12797

My name is Maria Palmisano and I am with U-Haul International. I would like to first offer you my personal apology for the inconvenience and rude behavior you experienced at our Newport News U-Haul location.

As you realize this U-Haul dealer is an independent businessman that rents U-Haul equipment off his lot as a secondary business. We do have a regular program for counseling with dealers to give them the benefit of our experience in successful U-Haul service. Please be assured we will discuss the matter thoroughly with all involved and take corrective action as necessary to see that our standards are understood and observed. I would also like to research your rental further and offer you a VIP Certificate that can be used toward a future purchase or rental on the many products and services U-Haul has to offer.

The Certificate can be used at any of our U-Haul locations and is valid for two years. Please contact me at maria_palmisano@uhaul.com and provide me with the date of your rental and the name of the lessee listed on your rental agreement.

Again, I apologize for the rude behavior you experienced, however, I know if you allow us the opportunity to serve you again, I know we can do better. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.