Gaithersburg, Maryland

I rented a trailer from U-Haul which leaked and damaged several items. The leak and damage was reported at drop off.

I filed an insurance claim which involved a great deal of paperwork, photographs etc. The claim was denied on the grounds that no problems were found. The soaking items taken from the trailer were not evidence. I was pretty much being called a lair and that no water damage took place.

I have witnesses and I have a bookshelf that I won't use due to its appearance. U-Haul through its insurance agent denied the claim not based on evidence but because they will suffer no consequence by doing so. If there was no water damage then I am guilt of insurance fraud by filing a claim. If there was water damage then they should offer some reimbursement.

How many times have we seen this insurance scam.

U-Haul is responsible for the actions of its agents. So long as there is a choice I will not choose U-Haul again and will urge others to look elsewhere.

Product or Service Mentioned: Uhaul Trailer Rental.

Comments