Mesquite, Texas

In theory, U Haul pods are an extremely smart way to move. A flat bed truck arrives, drops off however many 8x8 boxes (pods) you need, you can pack them at your own pace, they pick them up and within 6 business days, drop them off at your new location.

In reality: My pods were dropped off on December 8th, 2010. Two days later, I'm receiving phone calls asking if they're ready to be picked up. I start receiving harrassing phone calls about the pick up almost every other day. I hurridly pack my pods, throwing stuff in them just so I can get them picked up and stop the calls. They were picked up on December 22, 2010. I only needed them driven 5 hours away, from Tulsa, Oklahoma to Dallas, Texas.

Now it is the 6th of January. My pods are supposed to be here within the hour (haha). Intially, my pods were mixed up with someone else's and were sent to Richardson, Texas. Finally, they found my pods were still in Tulsa, Oklahoma. They had been sitting there for two weeks. I was told they were going to be delivered overnight. This did not happen. I was told they weren't even going to be delivered until January 13th. Hopefully, this will not happen. I've been transferred to speak with supervisor, I've had to talk to numerous people, I've been given several different stories about where my pods are and when they will be delivered.

I also had to rent an addition U Haul trailer because I was unable to get all my furniture into four pods because of the time crunch I was given. After I received the trailer, I was getting phone calls asking when I would be done with it because other customers needed it. This is not a way to run a business. Jody something was the manager in Tulsa who was calling me day in and day out. She either needs management retraining or a new career altogether. She has no idea how to deal withh customers. The entire business of U-Haul needs to get their *** together and get a new system. The customer should be priority one but the customer is told stories just to keep the customer's business. U Haul will never again have my business. I hope this has deterred anyone from renting anything from U-Haul.

Product or Service Mentioned: Uhaul Trailer Rental.

Comments

Your story was well written & informative . I was about to use Uhaul for my move, then I read your blog and went with Penske & had a great experience.

Thank you for getting the truth out there for others to make better choices. Kudos to you

#592011

Outside of moving to a new location, U-Haul pods are only for loading, shipping or storage at the U-haul location. So if you need a POD to hold some items in your driveway while doing a room restoration, then for get it.

PODS are the only ones I know that deliver a unit that can sit in a driveway for any length of time.

In conclusion, U-Haul PODS are ONLY used for moving and or storage at their storage facility. If you need a storage unit sitting at home for a room remodel, you will have to get a POD from PODS.com

#520699

I'm from Caldwell, Id not Idaho Falls

U Haul is not good. Does anyone know two of the late-founders sons had a family member (sister?) murdered so they could get the company?

It was in her name and she wanted to sell U Haul. The boys wanted it (to continue ripping you poor people off) I don't know exactly what happened, but I think they never got convicted. Anyone else confirm this story? I know it happened, just don't remember the exact details.

I worked for U Haul as a truck mechanic and our shop did it's best to have safe reliable trucks to rent.

Just go elsewhere for rentals. May cost more, but you will save in the long run.