Update by user Jul 12, 2013

UPDATE, July 12. 2013: I never received a return call from the GM of the U-Haul location in Easton, PA, despite leaving him repeated messages.

I then opted to post a message on the U-Haul corporate Facebook page. I received a public response within a few days from one of the page administrator's assuring me that this issue would be investigated and resolved. I then received an email from that same person requesting my order number. She once again assured me the issue would be investigated and resolved.

However, over one month later, I had not heard from her or anyone at U-Haul again. Eventually, I filed a chargeback with my credit card company on the basis of receiving defective goods, as it was evident that U-Haul was not interested in resolving the matter.

They sent U-Haul a letter, but received no response. Consequently, the dispute was resolved in my favor and the credit card company simply took the money from U-Haul and credited my account.

Original review posted by user Jun 11, 2013

I purchased a hitch rack (part #1040100) from uhaul.com in April. When I tried to mount it a couple weeks ago, I learned that the rack is defective.

The bolts for the support will not drop into the holes because they are blocked by the mesh portion of the rack. I brought the rack to U-Haul Moving & Storage of Easton, PA as instructed by U-Haul customer service and the manager on duty (Joe) confirmed that the rack is defective and promised me a refund. However, he said he was working off the clock and thus, was unable to do the return for me. He instructed me to come back the following day and have Vinny do the return.

Unfortunately, Vinny was unavailable when I arrived and two subsequent phone calls were also unsuccessful in reach the elusive Vinny. I left my name and number both times, but apparently he couldn't be bothered to call me back. This has been going on for a couple weeks now and my patience is up.

I am out $140 and have a defective rack that I cannot use. The people at U-Haul are crooks.

Product or Service Mentioned: Uhaul Moving Service.

Comments