926 Main Rd, Johns Island, SC 29455, USA

Moving is a hassle. Some companies make it easier, others take advantage of people as they try to sort things out when moving their lives from point A to point B.

The Main Rd U-Haul facility sells moving boxes and brags about their willingness to buy back unused boxes... if it were only so easy. I had four left over mirror boxes, two different sizes, not a lot of money. The manager of he store ( a man I had not seen before in the six or seven times I had purchased boxes at the site) refused to check his computer for the record of my credit card purchases.

"Where's your receipt?" was all he could parrot.

"Somewhere in a mass of hundreds of boxes still unopened at my new location" was not something he chose to comprehend. He smirked as I observed how willing he seemed to steal the boxes from me for free for resale to the next sucker who trusted him to honor their "buy back" pledge.

Product or Service Mentioned: Uhaul Customer Care.

Uhaul Cons: Customer service.

Comments

I had my receipt and uhaul just refused me. Wanted me to take store credit.

Store credit not needed.

I just moved here. Not moving again

"buy back unused with receipt"

bruce2017_873
@Dealer

you must have your receipt so we can get the number off of it I tell every customer we will buy back there unused boxes but they must have there receipt

@bruce2017_873

If you need a receipt then it's not a buyback, it's a return. Quit using disingenuous marketing to trick customers.