Insurance Quality
Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

Friday, April 21st I was in need of a U-Haul, it was after hours so I decided I would try out the after hours U-Haul program. BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE!

We made the reservation online, picked up the truck and thought it was a great idea, was super easy and very smooth. We loaded up the truck, unloaded it at the new location and went back to return the truck. The return process was pretty smooth, could of used some more details and steps but we dropped the key off and were ready to pay. HERE'S THE TERRIBLE PART!!!

I filled everything out online and submitted my payment. At this point I was presented with an error message that pretty much said they could not process my payment and to try again. So I tried submitting the payment a few more times but was still presented with this error message. I wasn't going to leave the U-Haul truck without it being paid, at 11:30 PM at night, in the street, so I called customer service.

I was explaining my story to her (Michelle **side note, she was as helpful as she could be) and decided to log into my banking app to make sure all my funds were there and available. That's when I found out that U-HAUL HAD CHARGED ME 22 TIMES TOTAL. THIS EQUALED $1,650.00 ABOVE THE $79 THAT I OWED THEM!!!!!!! She saw this on her end as well, gave me the number for the office in my area and told me to call them first thing in the morning, 7 AM.

I called at 7:30 AM Saturday morning and spoke to someone named Michelle. She was taken back with the amount of charges to my account, said she was going to send it off to the programming department and would get back to me. 9:30 AM rolls around and I've heard nothing, so I called. I spoke with someone named Tammy.

She was very rude and careless about my situation. She said she was going to check with Michelle and get back to me (which she never did). I called back around 1:00 PM and had the pleasure of speaking with Tammy again, who still, was very rude. She said they submitted it to a different department, which I was told they did at 7:30 AM and that they would follow up with me.

Sunday, I never received a call from anyone. I tried calling the office 4 times and I was always presented with a busy tone. Monday I called and spoke with Christine, who has been the most helpful and pleasant to work with. Let me add, if it wasn't for her this review would have come a lot sooner.

She mentioned that the crew over the weekend may not have know how to handle the situation and took over. She contacted the credit card services department, which no one had done yet, and was going to get back to me. She did follow up with me that day and let me know that they were working on releasing the funds and that they should be in my account within 24 hours. Tuesday rolls around (24 hours from when I last spoke to Christine) and I still was not refunded my money.

I call Christine, she said its in the banks hands now. I call the banks and he said they cannot release pending charges as a way of protecting the merchant; which makes total sense. I asked to speak with the manager after this, which Christine told me she was busy and would leave a note for her to call me. Wednesday passed without contact or an update from anyone.

IT'S NOT THURSDAY, I HAD TO CALL U-HAUL TO GET AN UPDATE AGAIN. I SPOKE WITH THE "MANAGER" MICHELLE, WHO WAS VERY RUDE, AND SHE SAID SHE GAVE IT TO HER MANAGER TO HANDLE. NO MONEY HAS BEEN REFUNDED, THEY ARE STILL WANTING TO CHARGE ME FOR MY USE OF THE TRUCK ($79) AND HAVE NOT OFFERED ANY SORT OF COMPENSATION. I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO PAY RENT AND THE NEW PLACE I JUST MOVED INTO, I'VE JUST RETURNED TO WORK FROM MATERNITY LEAVE, I'VE BEEN DEALING WITH PPD AND ANXIETY AS IT IS AND NOW THIS!!!

MY SON IS ABOUT TO RUN OUT OF DIAPERS AND I CAN'T BUY HIM NEW ONES.

I am disgusted with the lack of care and customer service that U-Haul has given. I will never be using them again or recommending them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Uhaul Truck Rental.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Uhaul Cons: Lack of care and customer service, Incompetence of staff, I have to call every time to get an answer.

• time frame
  • Uhaul Scams and Upsells
  • skum
  • No Refund
  • Over Charged Credit Card

Comments

Yep, there computer system/servers are antiquated and they are constantly screwing up in every aspect..from credit cards to reservations and they blame everyone but their system....