Grand Rapids, Michigan

Add me to your list!

U Haul knowingly let me drive from Michigan to Fl. without BRAKE LIGHTS.

I went a 28th St, Grand Rapids, Mi location2 weeks before a trip to Fl. to verify I had the correct hitch, ball, etc and working light harness.

All was verified to be proper including working lights.

When I rented the 5 x 8 trailer and the employee connected the trailer, I again verified that that the lights worked. When the employee mumbled

something - I again him if the brake lights were working and he said yes.

The morning I left for Fl. I asked the person trailing me if my lights were working. MY BRAKE LIGHTS WERE NOT!!!

U Haul got us into a repair service in Georgetown, KY location that night. They told me that the Ford Taurus used a separate wire for turn signals and brake filaments.

MY BRAKE LIGHTS WERE NOT CONNECTED INTO THE HARNESS AND THE BRAKE LIGHTS WERE NEVER FUNCTIONAL!!

They also warned me that if wired into the harness incorrectly it could cause electrical feedback that could burn out my car electrical system.

As a result I drove all the way to Melbourne, Fl without brake lights and someone following me to act as my brake lights.

Back in GR the store manager said "You got there without an incident" then what's the problem?

So far I have been told that the regional Customer Service Rep. Frank Smith would call me last Thurs., then Fri., then today, then this afternoon, .........

Haven't heard his voice YET.

Now I understand why there are "Don't rent from U haul websites.

Sincerely,

Neil Enders

PS Why would they do this?????????

Comments

Wow this sounds like my story. i left st petersburg FL 5 hours ago with a u haul trailer on my way to michigan, and now I'm sitting in *** GA because none of the trailer lights work and its 2:13am.

what exactly am i supposed to do now? I hate u haul right now

We're extremely sorry for the experience you encountered during your move. We want to help resolve and further assist.

Email us details to uhaul_cares@uhaul.com, please include contract number and contact number to reach you directly. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.