Nevada City, California

U-haul has the worst service. They apparently don't know how to KEEP a reservation.

What is a reservation?

A reservation is something set aside, like a table at a restaurant. For fancy restaurants and hotels, you need a reservation: you call ahead and ask them to set aside a table or room for you. We made the reservation 1 week ago and were told 2 days ago that we had to drive to Sacramento (about a 90 minute drive one way). Our daughter is 7 months pregnant and has a heart condition, but she drove to Sacramento from Grass Valley to pick up the trailer.

Because she was a little late, and a unilateral decision was made to give the trailer away. Someone had the audacity to say they called my husband and he didn't answer (which is BS) so THEY cancelled the reservation. What kind of *** does u-haul hire? They apparently lie.

The customer service agent (Tedra) couldn't find a manager to speak with us. Please see the definition of Customer Service below.

What Is Customer Service?

Customer service is the process of ensuring customer satisfaction with a product or service. Often, customer service takes place while performing a transaction for the customer, such as making a sale or returning an item. Customer service can take the form of in-person interaction, a phone call, self-service systems, or by other means.

Apparently, U-haul doesn't understand customer service shame on U-haul as I will never use them again.

This is U-hauls answer - but what they never tell you is you is that they don't hold the reservation...…..this is a problem.

Thanks for your patience. After reviewing the reservation, I am showing that the equipment was not picked up on time and they did not receive any notifications of you running late, so they canceled the reservation. There is a note stating that since you arrived an hour late, other options were gone over, like an offer to provide an open trailer to accommodate the move and that was declined. I can understand how frustrating this must have been especially if you did not receive a call to verify you were still coming. I do see they noted that during their busy time they may be unable to personally reach out to each customer running behind. I would like to submit a $15 certificate that can be applied toward a future rental, moving supplies, storage or even propane. Just as a way of saying we apologize for the huge inconvenience this caused you. Is the email address on file okay to send that to? -Heather

Comments