3.7
Insurance Quality
Turnaround Time

Rented a ramp trailer as daily rental. Moving out of town but only needed the thing one day.

Towing vehicle broke down, needed to drop trailer. Called "CS" about possibility of changing contract to one way since daily return schedule would not be met. After a proper amount of hoop jumping and buck passing, finally got someone who flat out says, NYET!!, we have no mercy, we will NOT work with you. You WILL be double charged (expected amount....$155+/-).

I've rented U-Haul many times. I ALWAYS have a good experience with the local dealers. But whenever there is a problem and I have to deal with corporate, I might as well break out the Vaseline. U-Haul, sometimes things don't go as planned.

Sometimes stuff just happens. Seems like it would behoove your overall customer service to consider those instances on a more personal basis and adjust accordingly. Is that extra $50 you're jerking the customer off for really worth reading crap like this? Or would you rather see, "Hey, had a problem, U-Haul went out of their way to help solve my problem, saved me some money, eased an already stressful situation, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!".

Luckily, I found a local nechanic (as luck would have it, a U-Uaul dealer) who, in great customer service fashion, has taken my truck in and is already working on it. While they cannot do anything about the U-Haul rental due to aforementioned corporate obstinance, they did put my problem on a front burner.

Hopefully it will only cost an extra day of rental. At least THEY are trying .

Product or Service Mentioned: Uhaul Trailer Rental.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments