Weaubleau, Missouri

Update by user Sep 16, 2016

This was the worst business experience I've ever had! They (Joplin U-Haul) would not let me have my u-boxes for over a week because they were "too busy" as they said.

When I finaly was allowed to pick up my U box, it had been obviously opened by the Joplin emplyees, and many things were missing. I tried to get some help from Alison Antone at "U-Haul cares" but neither she, or anyone at U-haul or "U-Haul cares" would not follow up. In addition, I was also charged much more than I was quoted.

Contract no.

91861165

Equip.: - UB 1957B

Dispatched from 735054

Safe-Protection: (YES)

Renting Location: U-H Moving & Storage of Joplin (735054) So, to be clear, I rented 2 U-boxes, in addition to a small trailer. The first box I received was obviously unopened. It was wrapped in green Saran Wrap type plastic wrapped around the box, along with documentation that included my name, and the box's destination. In addition, there was 2 bolts and nuts tightly holding the box closed.

The second box I received was much different. The green plastic wrap was completely missing. Only 1 bolt was installed, and missing its nut. As a matter of fact, I asked the Joplin U.H.

employee to please remove the nuts & bolts that were installed on the first box, as they were time consuming, and slightly difficult to remove. The employee said "what bolts?" He said he was new, and didn't understand. We both then walked out to my box, that was then attached to my truck. I went to show him, and discovered there was only the single bolt, and no nuts.

I commented, and then he said "Is this your lock?" I said it was, and then he sighed with relief. I then stupidly took my second U-Box to my current home. Once home, I then opened the box less than 2 hours after arriving.

I immediately noticed the contents of the box was arranged much different than I packed it. There was also much less items in it, than when I personally closed and locked it.

Original review posted by user Sep 15, 2016

This was the by far worst business experience I've ever had! They (Joplin U-Haul) would not let me have my u-boxes for over a week because they were "too busy" as they said.

In addition, I was also charged much more than I was quoted. Better Business Bureau and Consumer Affairs cases started, and Legal action pending.

Product or Service Mentioned: Uhaul U-box Storage Unit.

Preferred solution: Partial refund.

Uhaul Cons: Fraudulent deceptive business practices, Customer service.

• dishonest business dealings