Insurance Quality
Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

7/6/2019

26' truck rental. We did not pick up the trailer until 3 am, when heading out of town, so we did not know 4 bad tires and 1 with missing tread, until day break.

We did notice a tail light out when we hooked it up. The netting that goes over the front tires, was sewn together TWISTED!

I called UHAUL immediately, when we discovered the tires and they wanted us to call roadside assistance ($100 charge) to switch out our equipment. I had movers meeting us In Lincoln, on a schedule. I had prepaid them and could not cancel without losing my money.

After changing out equipment I would have had no way to unload the truck andxwould have had to pay AGAIN to have someone unload it. So, what UHAUL was suggesting me to do, would have cost me $900 out of pocket. Now they are saying nothing was wrong with the trailer ( I HAVE PHOTOS).

UHAUL wants me to accept a $50 refund. MY POINT IS THAT THIS EQUIPMENT SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN ROAD SAFE CONDITION WHEN I PICKED IT UP AND I BELIEVE I AM DUE A REFUND OF THE ENTIRE TRAILER.

Product or Service Mentioned: Uhaul Truck Rental.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Uhaul Pros: Airconditioner worked.

Comments

It sounds like you used the trailer the way it was and it got the job done. Why do they owe you a refund?

As judge Judy would say "If you ate the steak, you have to pay for it". If you rent items like this in the future pick them up while the store is open rather than in the middle of the night.