1.3
Additional Services
Insurance Quality
Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

On July 7, 2017 @ 9;10 am I rented a truck from U-Haul located at 2210 Western Ave., Park Forest, IL. 60466, Equipment # TT 3900D) that rented for $39.95 per day.

I requested this truck for LOCAL USE ONLY. As the agent was preparing the paper work I noticed that I was being charged $116.00 for the truck rental. I questioned the agent as to why I was being charged $116.00 for the rental when the advertised price was $39.95 per day. The agent explained that the truck was a one-way local truck rental and that I must return it to another location @ address 515 Lincoln Hwy, Chicago,Heights, IL., 60411.

This address is located only 1.1 mile from the location I picked / rented the truck from. Again I asked why are you charging me an extra $76.05 for a one-way rental bringing the total to $116.00 when I am renting the truck for local use only/ in-state and traveling about 20-25 miles and can return the truck to the location I picked it up from instead you are forcing me to return the truck to another location whose distance is only 1.1 mile from your location so that you can charge me an extra $76.05. Agent stated again this is our procedure which is why I was charged $116.00 versus the $39.95 advertised price. I was in urgent need of a truck as soon as possible so I rented the truck anyway.

I was still unhappy with this Unethical,Deceptive and also the Scamming of customers with unnecessary fees and false advertisement practice performed by U-Haul so I visited U-Haul at the same location I originally rented the truck from on the next day July 7, 2017. I inquired again as to why they are using the above mentioned procedure with a local truck rental, agent stated there was no Rhyme or Reason as to why that procedure is in being used.

I am also requesting a full refund. Consumer rights are being violated.

Review about: Uhaul Truck Rental.

Reason of review: U-hauls Unethical and Deceptive practices which result in the Scamming of customers with unnecessary fees and false advertisement..

I didn't like: Uhauls unethical and deceptive practices and scamming customers.

Comments

So, as far as the price. Its 39.95 plus millage.

It states this on there website as well as on the trucks. You should be charged that rate and not the one way rate though.