889 Christiansburg Pike NE, Floyd, VA 24091, USA
1.8
Insurance Quality
Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time
Poster decreased review rating.

Update by user Jan 04

They gave me a full refund and a $150 VIP credit towards future Uhaul goods and services.

Update by user Jan 04

After numerous calls (22) they finally gave me a full refund and a $150 VIP credit to be used at ANY Uhaul location for ANY good or Service. I am done complaining.

Original review posted by user Nov 29, 2018

WE broke down on our way home on a one-way rental from Floyd VA to Seabrook, NH 757 Miles. They put us up for the night while a mechanic "fixed" the issues with the brakes.

We were texted by service the next morning at 8:58 AM stating the mechanic was on his way with parts and his arrival was supposed to be 90 to 120 minutes. At 9:10 AM I received a call from the mechanic stating that he "pulled all wheels from the truck, replaced ALL the brake pads, replaced a brake cylinder in the left rear wheel and bleed the brakes". All done in a parking lot with a pump jack with a full load of furniture all in 72 minutes. Yeah right.

Someone is lying. This delay cast me a days pay on Monday of $360.00 and when I called for a refund they offered me a VIP $30.00 credit towards a future U-Haul service. They then sent a "Form" to the dealer in VA who rented the truck to me. It has been three days have yet to hear from him and all my calls go to VM.

They even gave me the key which had a huge multi-part form attached to it which I removed and put in my briefcase and when I went to return the truck and closely looked at the form, on the bottom IN RED it stated NOT CUSTOMER READY DO NOT RENT. It was a white-knuckle ride the entire trip. The front end was so badly out of alignment it pulled to the right, the brakes were spongy, and the steering wheel shook so bad that my arms are shaking three days after returning the truck.

And to add insult to injury they charged me $11.48 for gas after I stopped at a gas station before returning it and put in $25.00 which was more than was in it when I first rented it. I plan to contact the AG in AZ, U-Hauls Headquarters, VA, where I picked it up and NH, where I dropped it off.

Product or Service Mentioned: Uhaul Truck Rental.

Uhaul Pros: Service girl lisa who helped us with hotel accommodations.

Uhaul Cons: Quality of the truck, Response from uhaul customer service, Non response from dealer who rented me the truck, Lack of empathy for our situation, Fact that we were lied to about the repairs.

• Total Rip-Off And Lousy Equipment