5344 S Archer Ave, Chicago, IL 60632
1.3

Reserved a 15 foot truck for a one way move to be picked up in Naperville, IL. One day before move I get a call from Uhaul telling me that I will need to go into Chicago to get the truck.

No I'm sorry or anything. Mind you this is 30 miles away from Naperville. Uhaul was not interested in getting any discount for the trouble of driving 60 miles to get the truck and start moving.

When I was ready to drop off my truck at my new place I received another phone call from Uhaul telling me that I will need to drive 20 miles to drop off the truck. There is a dealership 4 miles away from me.

I called and they told me that is where the truck needs to go.

I called the 1-800 # and told them that I am dropping off the truck where I want to and that I am not your fleet driver to where you want the truck to be. Very bad experience and I probably will not use Uhaul again until they have better customer focused mindset.

I forgot to mention the truck only had 1/4 tank of gas and at 9mpg that was less than 80 miles until empty.

Product or Service Mentioned: Uhaul Truck Rental.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Uhaul Cons: Pickup and drop off location distances, Entire experience was miserable.

Comments