Calgary, Alberta
2.1

I needed a truck to pick up a couch. I only went with U-Haul as I don't own a truck and it would have cost $40 to hire a mover.

When I called they said it is $19.99 plus mileage. When I get to the pick up I was told my credit card would be charged $50. I was going to leave but then I was assured when I brought the truck back only the mileage I actually used would be charged to my card and any overages would be refunded. I was also advised that if the gas gauge went down, I was responsible for putting it back to the level it was at when I picked it up.

I drove 11 kms and the gas gauge was at the same position when I dropped the truck off. I had to drop the truck off after the depot was closed and, sure enough, I was charged $46 on my card. I was livid! I called U-Haul to complain and was told that they charged me $16 in gas on top of the mileage and that someone would call me in three days to rectify the situation.

No one called me back. DO NOT use uhaul if you can help it or expect to pay through the nose to use their vehicles.

Product or Service Mentioned: Uhaul Truck Rental.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Uhaul Pros: Customer service at head office.

Uhaul Cons: Over charging for usage, Customer service at depot, Gas tank fraud.

Comments