What a joke.Never using U-Haul again.

My father-in-law booked my fiancé and I a U-Haul over two months ahead so that him and I could move out to Edmonton from Regina. Everything was going good until the day before we get told that we have to drive an hour and a half away to pick up our truck because they were out of them in the city. That was a *** off but whatever they accommodated us for it by letting us have free mileage, an extra day and 50 bucks off, which we never got. So we get down to the location and they were kind of bitchy to us and wouldn’t accept the credit card we gave them, we even tried with another card and it wasn’t good enough for them even though they used the same card not even 2 months before that for another U-Haul for my father-in-law.

We ended up having to call my mother-in-law to give them a credit card number that they would accept. We finally got the U-Haul after them threatening to give it to someone else when we were the ones that booked it and we were the ones standing right in front of them trying to get the keys. This process took us over 4 hours. Once we got it we thought we would be good from then on drop off should be a breeze and it was just a hiccup but we were wrong.

We phoned in to get the drop off location and we ended up driving around for about an hour lost trying to find the spot. We finally got pissed off and found a convenience store and they told us they stopped dealing with U-Haul over a month ago. Down the street we go to find the next closest dealer. Finally found another one by this time we are late on our drop off and short gas because of a screw up on U-Hauls end by giving us a location that doesn’t deal anymore and we go inside and they don’t accept trucks our size.

Now we have to find ANOTHER U-Haul dealer, we got to the 3rd location and they didn’t want to take the truck because that wasn’t our drop off location that was set up. We explained to the lady everything that we had been through and what was going on and she happily accepted the U-Haul back for us.

But that’s not all because we were after 12:00pm dropping it off they wanted to charge us an extra day rental (NOT OUR FAULT) and they had to charge us an extra $35.00 for the gas shortage of us driving around trying to find the location they gave us and the other drop off locations.I suggest NO ONE books with U-Haul ever again maybe if they realize they are losing all of their clients they will clean up their act and maybe know their locations and try to please the client rather than making their move more of a headache than it already is.

Review about: Uhaul Truck Rental.

Had an Experience with Uhaul?

Comments