43 Jefferson Ave, Salem, MA 01970, USA
1.1
Insurance Quality
Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

I rented a truck the night before for a simple across town move. We were only able to put a few things in before a large thunderstorm struck and it rained for the entire evening.

We didn't notice until we had u loaded everything the next day that the rood leaked and our mattress was soaked at least 12" across the bottom and took 3 days to dry out. It is now permanently stained and I hope it doesn't get moldy. I filed an insurance claim and after two months they told me they leak tested the trial and no leaks were found and I will not be covered for the damage to my belongings.

I asked for the test results and they told me that the trucks are water resistant not water proof! Totally in acceptable.

Product or Service Mentioned: Uhaul Truck Rental.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

We had a similar experience with a Uhaul truck in May 2018. I am still fighting with them for compensation.

I am also hearing the 'water resistant, not water proof' line. We need to get this out there so people are aware that there is NO COVERAGE for water damage even with their SafeMove Insurance.

In the rental contract you signed it says, "I understand that the equipment rented is water resistant, not water proof. So there for you will not be covered in the event your belongings are damaged from water.