Toronto, Ontario

I booked with UHaul to get a 10' truck. I got an email guaranteeing me a 10' truck at a specific time.

A few days before that time I get another email "guaranteeing" me a cargo van at a later time slot. Calling customer service, the response was basically "tough luck, nothing we can do as all our trucks are booked." Eventually I was able to get them to give me a 50$ "guarantee" since they admitted they messed up, but I'd rather have the truck I wanted at the time they originally guaranteed.

It's absolutely retarded that they can do that, as I spent the last week coordinating everything for the effort of my move, and now I may not have enough labor, and will probably have to take 2 trips. The initial response from customer service was abysmal and all geared towards me just sucking it up.

They didn't even offer any compensation until I suggested that they should.

Realistically, if the lack of their "guaranteed" truck had cost me any money, I would have taken them to court for it. If your UHaul booking is changed on you after they have "guarenteed" you a truck at a specific time, make sure you *** them out and hold them accountable, because it's not acceptable that they book out trucks they don't have.

Product or Service Mentioned: Uhaul Truck Rental.

Comments

I'm in the same boat. They competly ruined my move.

I was planning on moving out at the end of the month using a 24' truck, which they (the day before) bumped me down to a 17' truck. I tried talking to them and got a "deal with it" attitude as well. Seriously, how does this company stay in business?!?! They are THE WORST!!!

My whole move is completely kicked off the tracks now. I have no idea what to do.