I rented this pickup truck, they dont fill it up with gas, they leave it at 3/4 full. It was hard to make sure not to exceed this amount...so i ended up filling it up at FULL unknowgly, even tho i was keeping an eye on the fuel gauge...but its not accurate and wasnt moving at all, after I pumpted about $20.00 in it i stopped...before i know it when driving it...it read FULL...they refused to give me my gas money back..at least the extra amount..if this is company policy, then i say their company policy is to rip people off and have them pump more gas in them.

I will not rent another UHAUL at all if I can help it. I suggest everyone else take their money to anothe business then UHAUL...

Comments

What a silly review. U-Haul locations do not have pumps at them to fill up the rentals between each renter.

We do provide scales of how much you need to put in to take it back to the same level that is marked so you DON'T have to just look at a gauge. If it is 3/4 full, there is a scale on the contract and by the area where you put the pump to fill the truck that shows how much to put if say you were at 1/4 tank. That's why we mark where the fuel is at pickup.

You just look at where the level is at the time you are about to return it, and where it was, and it shows exactly how much is needed to bring it back to the 3/4 level. It just requires taking a moment to read what is there.

so why fill it up put in say 5 dollars worth check level then gauge how much to put in.

boo hoo :cry

Turn the key to Accesory, have your kid or partner watch as you fill up and give you the okay when it fills to the previous pre-rental level. Allow the gas to settle as it sometimes takes a while before the needle moves & stops.

Take a photo of where the gas level is befor you drive off U-haul parking lot with time and date stamp. Ask how much the tank holds; divide by 4.

Ex: if 36 gallons / 4 = 9 gallons for each 1/4 tank; 1/2 =18 gals. etc...