2291 Monument Blvd, Concord, CA 94520

Do not trust Uhaul. If something happens to your car because of Uhaul employees failing to inform you on what's best for a safe and damage free move, they will completely deny and avoid you until the claim expires or they close it.

I went to Uhaul in Concord, CA a week prior to leaving to see if my car could qualify for anything to assist with my move. I told them I was driving from Pittsburg, CA to Norcross, GA and they said my car would be fine and that they had to order a hitch for my car because there was none on site that would accommodate my car. Then they attached the trailer to my 2015 Nissan Versa. My Father and I barely made it to Kingman, Arizona before my transmission blew out and the car completely shut off exiting the freeway do to the weight of the trailer.

It took about 10-15 just to keep cutting it on and off to exit the freeway safely. We were stranded and constantly calling uhaul for help. When we finally got someone to help they made me tow my car separately on my insurance and only came to pick up the trailer. Then they made me pay another fee of $667.30 to get a 15footer with a flatbed attached for my car.

When I had just paid $645.15 less than 24hours ago for the hitch and trailer they failed to acknowledge wasn't for my car at all. I filed a claim and was told needed a diagnostic test to prove my transmission was damaged do to their trailer. I got the run around for 10 months now and in that time I've gotten my car repossessed for $9286.39 (defiance fee), spent $1311.88 in lyft and $2047.24 in uber rides just to get back and forth to work. Plus having to pay a car note for $466.89 and insurance for $139.19 for 2 months of not being to drive my car before it was taken because it would cut off and make knocking noises if driven.

I sent numerous emails and complaints from every which way and been calling non stop, but nothing. They keep denying and avoiding me and now since I don't have the car they are claiming that there is no proof at all that anything was wrong with the car. And now they have closed the case and refuse to respond back. The manager from Concord, CA (James) and the one in Kingman, Arizona were the only two who said Uhaul knows better than to put a hitch and trailer on anything and that James would have told me no and to find another way if he had of been at work that day.

He was the only one who owned up to the negligence of Uhaul. NEVER EVER RENT ANYTHING FROM UHAUL.

TAKE YOUR CHANCE AND MAKE A TRIP TWICE ACROSS THE COUNTRY OR USE ANOTHER COMPANY. DO NOT RISK YOUR LIFE AND EMOTIONAL, MENTAL AND FINANCIAL STABILITY!!

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: A pay out of $14,524.97.

Uhaul Cons: Worst customer service.

Comments

Trying to verify my account keep getting put on hold. This must be the way they get rid of customers.

What a lousy system. Do not rent from them.

Shazam!! so sorry this happened to you it is so wrong when a company as large as Uhaul hires incompetent employees and then refuses to reimburse you for all of the *** you have been through