4111 Wabash Ave, Terre Haute, IN 47803, USA
2.5
Insurance Quality
Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

Rented a truck for a city to city move in Indiana. Had to go 20 miles to pick up the truck.

But that was not the problem. The items were not being loaded while it was raining. However, while moving, the move was during a heavy rain. When I arrived to unload my items at the new location, water was FLOWING from the roof of the truck in several locations.

My sofa was soaked, boxes were bursting open after being submerged in an inch of water, and my 55 inch TV had water damage. Yes, I did have the sofa and tv covered with a uhaul pad. But the water coming from the roof of the truck, had both of the pads soaked. I used a blow dryer to try and save my tv and it worked.

However, some on the components on the motherboard was damaged, and now NONE of the HDMI ports work.

THEY DENIED MY *** CLAIM!!! Stating that they are not responsible for water damage to my TV. Had their truck not had over 10 sizeable holes in the roof...no water would have gotten into the cargo area. They do not seem to understand this logic.

Oh, btw, the uhaul station where the truck was returned, was made aware of the holes in the roof.

And after inspection, was very apologetic for the condition of the truck. I was told to file a claim. Hence, where my problem with uhaul comes in.

I WILL BE FILING A LAWSUIT AGAINST THEM!!! I'M BEYOND PISSED OFF!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Uhaul Truck Rental.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

U-Hall needs to revise their vehicle tow policy. My 03 Ford is not worth to tow a 6 X 9 trailer?

Really. Kiss my *** U-Hall. I watch some idiot with a pos 2011 Chevy rusted to all *** draging *** with only taillight working and he’s got to go? My truck is a 330 horse V-8 with tow package and is in perfect condition.

Acooding to their policy they will not allow any Ford 2010 or older to tow any of their trailers. Nice discrimination.

PS U-Hall does claim this is not a safety issue. So wtf is the problem?

In your contract it states "I understand U-Haul trucks are water resistant, not water proof".

@csr

hahahahaha water resistant??? any moving company or real storage container facility have water proof trucks, trailers and containers (pods) you are scammers and you hate people that complain, your company blacklists them. how does it feel to be a lying piece of *** that is totally unprofessional and has no right speaking to us.

user38490011
#1571907
@Andrea

Thank you Andrea!!!!!

user38490011
#1571906
@csr

That's *** The holes in the top of the truck cancels that *** statement you just made trying to justify the lack of maintenance on the truck.