2112 Caldwell Blvd, Nampa, ID 83651, USA
1.2
Insurance Quality
Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

On 1/8/19 I went onto the U-haul site to purchase a trailer hitch and to have it installed. Though the website it allowed me to choose 1/8/19 as the install date, which was great as this was the one day I had off. After I had setup the 1/8/19 install date I had also promised to buy and pickup a trailer later that evening. The trailer was a great deal and would probably save me around $400. Shortly after setting up the deal on the trailer I received an email stating the install date would be on 1/14/19 at 3:00 p.m., this would not work as I needed to work that day and needed the hitch installed to pick up the trailer. Calling the local U-haul dod no good except they cancelled the installation and told me I would see the money back in my bank in 4 to 5 days.

I then called there corporate customer service and after waiting on hold for 10 minutes the person could not even find my order and as I was getting ready to give her the order number she hung up on me. I called back and asked to speak to a supervisor and was transferred to Nicole, again after a 10 to 15 minute hold. She apologized but could not get anything arranged to take care of the problem the same day, and while I was holding for her I called to folks on the trailer and told them I could not pick it up and they said, “another person cannot keep their word” and told me not to call back. I told Nicole that U-haul just cost me about $400 and that this was not acceptable, the only thing she could offer is to call the next day and get a reference number so I could call my bank and get the money back in my account faster. She said she could give me a deal at a later date if I worked something out.

Later in the morning I ordered a hitch online and it was to be delivered on 1/10/19. I then called Nicole back to see if she would honor saying she would give me a deal, and have it on just the installation. She gave me a quote of $60 and then when I told her the original quote with their hitch was $35 she started to back pedal and after placing me on hold she said they could do the install for $35. I told her that this is not a deal, it is still what I was quoted before, and she stated there is nothing she can do.

I will never do business with U-haul again. I spent a good portion of my day trying to get them to make things right and they still cannot seem to help their customers. I have done business with U-haul for a lot of years and even with other problems I had still given them other chances. They will never have my business again and I hope they get their website fixed so people do not expect things by a certain date that they cannot deliver on.

Product or Service Mentioned: Uhaul Trailer Hitch Installation.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments