UHaul's 7/8 tank out 7/8 tank in is BS
The standard procedure here is to turn the vehicle over to the customer with a less than full tank of gasoline.When I asked why they didn't fill the tank and expect it full when returned the way all rental car companies do.
I was told by the lady at the counter that people syphon gas out of the trucks. "Why should we have to pay for that gas?" Somebody has to pay for it eventually and if the company doesn't, who does?
There is only one explanation for sending out a vehicle with 7/8 tank of gasoline.
Since nobody can tell exactly how much fuel to put in at the pump, they are bound to put in more because of the unknown price they'll pay if they come up short.This an utterly ridiculous policy and makes absolutely no sense to the customer.review #454026
You may also like
- "On June 20th 2015 (Saturday) I applied for a DOT number from the Department Of Transportation, an agency of the US Government. I paid the $300 nonrefundable fee and hit the..."
- "This is a terrible company who promises professional reliable service but who delivers appalling "agents" to pick up and deliver your goods. They demand a deposit up front that they..."
- "I tracked my shipment. Informed me of early delivery on Saturday. I waited for the whole day. No delivery. Ended up, they rescheduled to original delivery to Monday. When I called..."
- "Hiring a car online through Dollar rental was easy. The rest of my experience extremely distressing. Upon booking online, using their website I Secured a 'city special deal' for my 28..."
- "While using the 75 foot roughy terrain pocket hose. The end that connects to a sprayer swelled up to the size of a cantelope. I was able to drop the..."
- "I requested a report for $1 and I got a few extra charges of .09 cents for optional services (x5). Then, when I received the credit card statement (paperless billing)..."