The standard procedure here is to turn the vehicle over to the customer with a less than full tank of gasoline.When I asked why they didn't fill the tank and expect it full when returned the way all rental car companies do.
I was told by the lady at the counter that people syphon gas out of the trucks. "Why should we have to pay for that gas?" Somebody has to pay for it eventually and if the company doesn't, who does?
There is only one explanation for sending out a vehicle with 7/8 tank of gasoline.
Since nobody can tell exactly how much fuel to put in at the pump, they are bound to put in more because of the unknown price they'll pay if they come up short.This an utterly ridiculous policy and makes absolutely no sense to the customer.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Uhaul Rental
- Review category
- Transportation and Storage
- Review rating
- 3 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "I had yet another bad experience with U-Haul. This is my second move with them in six years and both were horrible experiences. Regarding my contract number 22894473, I picked up..."
- "DR Horton consistently leaving nails on the street and refuse to refund the cost of a tire. I have tire pressure monitoring and it's obvious when a tire gets punctured..."
- "BEWARE!!!! these people have been a nightmare! I had a simple move from an apartment to a storage while I go out of state for training. These Morons..."
- "I just purchased today the 12 6 packs of oreos. I have been craving these but budget really hasnt allowed me to splurge. Finally i was able to spring..."
- "Hi there! I write this review as both an irritated and flummoxed (UK based) customer AND yet also a very satisfied customer due to some great stays among the dud bookings. Firstly,..."
- "To whom this may corcern on Saturday Aug.20,2016 we purchased some Collard Greens from Wal Mart 8 bunches they had mildo and worms brown nasty in them in Tampa Florida..."