Uhaul - Trailer Not Available After Making Reservation

76 of 323 Uhaul Reviews

After taking all my info including my CC, uhaul send me a lousy text message indicating that my reservation is no longer available and that I have to travel to La Fayette GA to pick up the trailer.This is one hour away from Chattanooga in the middle of no where.

So I called customer service and they just told me to "take it or leave it". I couldn't believe that I was left on the blue just like that.

I will never do business with uhaul again and I will never refer uhaul to anybody.*** uhaul!

Efren Ormaza

d479158 review #451095
1 Helpful? 0
Had the same issue1 Comments4 Report
76 of 323 Uhaul Reviews
Had an experience with Uhaul?  Submit review about this company
Thomas - CSR Uhaul

Dec 06, 2013 Kingsport, Tennessee

I tell people all the time that we can only provide you what we are supposed to have on the lot. Say there's one trailer on the lot 2 weeks before you reserved it and a guy walks in wanting to rent it for 1.5 weeks then (of course) we're going to rent it to him assuming that he will return it on the day and time he is supposed to. Unfortunately, this means that if he doesn't show up until after your reservation (4 days late) there is no longer a trailer available to rent. The Uhaul system does not allow you to make a reservation on something that is not at or is not going to be at the location on your day. Problems do occur (typically it's like the above scenario where the guy turns the trailer in to another Uhaul an hour away instead of the one you were supposed to be at) so that there is no trailer available at the location. Don't assume we screwed you on purpose because it doesn't make sense for us to make people angry by purposefully screwing your move. We want to make every move a success but problems do occur.

Nov 14, 2013

That is common practice for Uhaul, double booking. They think they are doing you a favor by finding another unit several miles and hours out of your way.

Nov 14, 2013

I made my reservation 3 weeks in advance and had the same problem. Except my closest replacement was a 4 hour round trip away. Same response from U-haul "not our problem".

Nov 10, 2013 South Bend, Indiana

let me guess...you made the reservation on the day you needed the trailer. Probably a Friday or Saturday?

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Uhaul.
Filing a new complaint about
×