Uhaul - Credit card charged without authorization
I fell behind on my storage unit 30 days with a current bill. Me falling behind is of my own doing. They attempted to contact me and left a VM, and I received a letter of being late. In the past I have paid over the phone at the location but I have never has an auto draft set up. So one day I went to the atm and my balance looked odd. Low and behold they charged my card for 213.xx. When I spoke to the agent at the uhaul storage facility(Jared) he explained they were doing me a favor by not allowing my unit to go to auction by doing so. I explained that without my permission what they did is highly illegal. The General Manager believes the same thing and is the one who authorizes this practice. The Area Vice President Ken Birch explains that this is a practice he condones as well and is something he feels is needed.
They do not seem to understand that holding a persons CC information is done so with the understanding that they will protect it and not to be used to charge anything unless it is authorized by the renter. There are consumer protection laws for this very specific reason. They refuse to understand that no matter how much money is owed they can not charge a persons card, and that is the reason why they have the auction clause in place. KEN stated that in the uhaul contract it allows them to do this. WRONG!
Please beware when renting units and paying using a CC. They will charge you without your authorization. The specific facility is located at 5201 Denton Hwy and 820 Haltom City, Tx 76148
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "BEWARE! This company, Matt and Marisol Gehman are the owners, were contracted to pick up my Harley and ship it to Australia.The man who bought my bike and hired them..."
- "a u haul truck exploded or caught fire and exploded something in engine and caused the wind to bust out of my car. police were called ebcuase I went..."
- "On May 19, 2014 my belongings were moved by my local Two Men and a Truck. As a senior, I hired them because of their claims like "movers who..."
- "**Sept 14 2014 Click4Support called today and said they would not be billing my credit card for the $1200. They offered an additional gift certificate for the "inconvenience"..."
- "Placed an order for sympathy flowers. The image in the right is what I ordered. The image on the left is what was delivered. Tried to contact them and no..."
- "Sob story Elizabeth white claimed her mom dying of cancer, job takes too much time need to get rid of horses to good home - total scam! Horses originally in..."
- " April 19th I booked a ticket through orbitz.com plus travel protection for the dates of April 29th through May 2nd from Aruba to Miami on the Surinam Airways flight. April..."
- "Horrible customer service. DO NOT ORDER FROM MODLILY. Tried canceling an order before it was shipped no reply. Submitted 2 tickets and was never contacted by anyone. Tried contacting them..."
- "Can I give 0 or negative rating? Worst ever material. I really cannot wear at least once.. Poorest quality fabric and wrong stitching. It is going to be torn apart..."